Author faces cancer by celebrating life
In Say Yes To Life. Ilse Anderson shares lessons she learned from her journey with cancer.
INGREDIENTS( all ingredients found in Whole Foods)
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup (Note this syrup has less fructose then sugar/ a healthy alternative)
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and spoon out the avocado flesh. Place the avocado flesh and lemon juice in a food processor and process until it’s a smooth avocado cream. Set aside. (Note use the other half of avocado on toast )
- Open the coconut milk can upside down, and drain excess coconut water. Spoon coconut cream into a bowl and whip with a hand mixer until its consistency resembles soft whipped cream. Gently fold in avocado cream and rice syrup until incorporated. (Note use the excess liquid in smoothies YUM)
- Place mixture in a freezer-safe dish and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- If it’s too hard to scoop, let sit at room temperature for a minute or two.
- Desserts, Ice cream
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 5 hours